Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy (Policy) sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website https://www.kootoo.co.uk (Site). This Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our Site. You should read this Policy carefully before using the Site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this Policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
In this Policy:
‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Kootoo Digital Ltd, company registration number 11776687 with VAT registration number 316 9573 77 and whose registered office is at Unit 4 Arrowe Commercial Park, Arrowe Park Road, Upton, Wirral, CH49 1AB, United Kingdom; and ‘you’ or ‘your’ means the person accessing or using the Site or its content.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes and primarily for accessing information about us. As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree not to use the Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- to simulate communications from us or another service or entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information (‘phishing’);
- in any manner that disrupts the operation of our Site or business or the website or business of any other entity;
to represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing;
- to gain unauthorised access to or use of computers, data, systems, accounts or networks; or
- to attempt to circumvent password or user authentication methods;
- to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site (Interactive Services).
Where we do provide any Interactive Service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our Interactive Services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an Interactive Service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
We are not obliged to monitor or moderate any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, information or material (Submission) submitted to our Interactive Services. Where we do moderate an Interactive Service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
Any Submission you make must comply with our Content Standards set out below.
By making a Submission, you grant to us a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable licence to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display the Submission (in whole or in part) on the Site, and on any other websites operated by us, indefinitely.
These content standards apply to any and all Submissions, and to any Interactive Services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be factually accurate;
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Linking and framing
You may create a link to our Site (home page only) from another website without our prior written consent provided no such link:
- creates a frame or any other browser or border environment around the content of our Site;
- implies that we endorse your products or services or any of the products or services of, or available through, the website on which you place a link to our Site;
- displays any of the trade marks or logos used on our Site without our permission or that of the owner of such trade marks or logos; or
- is placed on a website that itself breaches this Policy.
We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to the Site at any time, and you shall immediately comply with any request by us to remove any such link.
Using our name and logo
We will determine, in our absolute discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Policy through your use of our Site. When a breach of this Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Changes to this Policy
We may revise this Policy at any time by amending this Site. You are expected to check this Site from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.