What we’re looking for
The technical part
You’ll be working primarily with WordPress, but we’d also like you to have experience in:
- HTML / CSS – Understanding of modern CSS such as CSS Grid, Flexbox, Pre-Processors (SASS)
- PHP – Experience of developing WordPress themes, preferably using Advanced Custom Fields and, if possible, WooCommerce
- Building sites to accessibility standards, be they formal or internal
- How code repositories work and making regular commits to GitHub/Bitbucket using whichever method you prefer (e.g. Command Line, GUI, GitHub desktop)
The business part
We’d also like you to be comfortable with:
- Time recording/reporting via Harvest (or similar), managing tasks/projects within Monday (or similar)
- Regular, timely collaboration and communication with colleagues and external partners (e.g. freelancers, white label contractors) via a range of channels including email, Slack, Teams, Zoom phone call, text, WhatsApp etc.
- Client liaison – this would be project/client dependent, e.g. sending over concepts/visuals for feedback or approval. Taking part in client demos to illustrate functionality.
- Providing input/advice as to how to develop and improve our processes in relation to development and design handover
A little bit about us
We’re immensely proud of where we are from, and we’re even prouder of the work we produce. As a full-service agency, we’re able to integrate ourselves seamlessly across all aspects of our clients’ businesses. Whether it’s developing a brand from scratch, building audiences on social media, or capturing drone photography, all our work hinges on creating something impactful that will stand the test of time. But most importantly, we’re all decent people and easy to work with.
Working schedule and location
As it isn’t 1984, you won’t be chained to a desk and micromanaged until you go full Patrick Bateman. We know you do a lot of your best work at home, so the bulk of your time is likely to be spent there, or you can come and join us at our office just outside of Liverpool city centre.
Of course, we do still have periodic client meetings, strategy days and social events that we’d love to see you at. As a result, we’re ideally looking for somebody based in the North West of England, within roughly 1-1.5h (ish) of Liverpool or the Wirral.
FYI – If you’re looking to work 3-4 days a week, we’re happy to accommodate that too, and can adjust pay and annual leave to suit. Let us know!
What’s in it for you?
- £25,000 to £30,000/annum DOE
- Workplace pension scheme
- Macbook Pro and all the software licenses you can dream of
- Additional screens to create the ultimate dev setup
- 28 days of annual leave including bank holidays
If all the above sounds good to you, get your application in and let’s start making some memorable websites together.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, gender, sex, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or information or any other characteristic protected by law.